Thursday 10 January 2013

Life Drawing Drapery

1


2

3

In the first sketch was used with pencil in an attempt for a simplified illustration of cloth I tried to draw the basic in as quick as I can. It is clear that he has a cloth on top of him although very vague.However, the measurements were inaccurate, also the way the cloth interacted with certain objects such as the ball underneath his legs were peculiar and was hard to illustrate.

The second sketch was done with charcoal, for a better understanding of how tone variated in the cloth as it surrounded the body I thought charcoal would be the best medium. I think that it was sucessful in showing where the folds were in the blanket, however some of the folds seem to lack definition. making it look unrealistic. I also failed in placing the whole of my subject in the limitations of the paper making it harder to see which parts of the drapery was relaxed and where more of the tension exists. it is also unsuccessful in showing the material of the drapery.

The third sketch I felt that drawing with pencil was best in doing an unfamiliar subject. I used the cross hatches to illustrate the depth of the fold in my subject. I was also able to create the folds done specifically in the back and the arms seem to work very well in showing where the tension is in the cloth. Although lacking the detail of the material it is able to successfully show how the cloth is interacts with the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment